Friday, March 13, 2009

Draper open house

I remember going to the Las Vegas open house when i was a little girl. I remember thinking how beautiful it was and that i wanted to get married in the temple when i grew up. It was fun for me to see Grandma Smiths picture hanging in the Bridal room and Mom's doily on one of the alters. I also remember walking through the celestial room and Mom telling me we get to live in houses like this when we get to heaven. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I wanted our kids to have the same experience.
The Draper Temple is a beautiful Temple. My favorite part was the wall of glass looking into the baptismal font, it is amazing.
We all dressed up. I wanted us to all remember that we were going to a special place. The kids were quite the head stoppers, it is hard to miss three little girls in matching dresses.
The painting we are standing in front of was painted by Simon dewy and besides my grandma he is my favorite artist. Another one of my favorite parts about the open house was the amazing art work, it was all so beautiful.
we all had a good time and we all felt the spirit and i am glad we got to do this as a family.






I am so greatful for temples, and the blessings they bring to our family.









BEAUTIFUL!!!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Oh my gosh, Haley that family picture is soooo good. I love the girls dresses with Taylor's shirt and tie. Seriously sooo cute.