Monday, October 6, 2008

Marathon 2008




Well we made it ,barely. It was a great time. Thank goodness the weather was nice J/k it poured down rain until mile 22 it was crazy. Travis could have gone a lot faster if it wasn't for me so i was grateful for him. It was awesome to be doing something like this together. It is the most awake time we have spent together in a month. weird way of finding time together.


We were happy to see everyone come out to see us Michael ran with us at mile 24 and it inspired us to pick it up. I think we did mile 26 in 10 min or less and grinning no less. but because of the slow poke (yes that is me) we finished in less then 6 hours. They hadn't taken everything down yet and they still had
ice cream and quiet a bit of stuff witch of course is why we do the whole thing. So it is a good thing. Dad started singing or yelling "She is the champion" for Mom when she came to the last stretch. Sis Lusk said "now that is love" and it really does make the hardest part a lot easier having everyone there.



Check out this battle wound. Crazy. Our feet were wet the entire time. The songs that kept coming in my mind were Here comes the sun doo doo do do. That was more of a plea and Rain rain go away.





I was pretty proud of Mom when i saw the rain i have to admit i thought she would be out of there, but she did awesome. We called her Rambo in that bandanna. I think she is Quiet cute. Tamara and sis lusk ran with her Some people think it is crazy to run a marathon, but is one of the most amazing feelings, plus you have over 6000 other people out there with you.







9 comments:

jayandminalyn said...

Haley that is so neat. You guys look really good. I wish I could have been there, (watching you not running)

Johnsonsblog said...

That's awesome that you guys did that. I'm just glad i didn't have too. Nice feet yuck!!!!

Donalyn said...

Oh my gosh...you guys are awesome!!! You guys look good. I know I coudn't have done that in the rain...well even on a dry day I could not have done that. Ouch those feet look bad.

Jaymi said...

I am so proud of you guys. Hopefully next year I'll be ready but I've got a lot of work to do.

Liz Lane said...

You're crazy! But, in a good way. I could never do that. Way to go.

Ron Taylor said...

That is so cool. I'm so proud of you guys. I wish I could dedicate myself to something like that. Maybe if it was a volleyball tournament or something:) Good job. Keep up the blogging. I'm enjoying it.

Ron Taylor said...

okay I didn't know I was signed in as Ron. I hate it when that happens.

Vicki

gonzalesnine said...

Hi Haley I am glad you started a blog its so fun to see all of your family and you. You have beautiful kids. Tell everyone I said hello.

em&m said...

Yay! I am so proud of you. That is really cool that you did that.