Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Christmas Jar

Mom did a family home evening on the Christmas Jar by Jason F Wright. She handed each family a Jar and the book. I loved the story it is my new favorite Christmas story. If you have not read it I suggest that you do. This will be our first year doing it and i hope a tradition. It is what Christmas SHOULD be all about.









We have also started a service jar filled with warm fuzzy's. This idea came from President Monsen's last talk in conference. For every service you do you get to put a warm fuzzy (a little poof ball)in the jar. The kids all love it and clap every time we get to put one in. It is also so cute to hear Ari say fuzzy.


Here is how it ties in to Christmas. Usually when it is full we go on a fun family outing or trip. But this month they represent gifts to give the savior. I want to start this as a tradition also.

1 comment:

Jaymi said...

I love that book, I bought when Kris and I first got married and I always was going to do it, unfortunately I haven't. Maybe next year.